This meeting was quite a jam packed session as we had 7 prepared speeches. We also had the meeting on the patio as our usual meeting room had been booked for another function.
The toast of the day was a dedicated to the Eskom Maintenance Team by Di Sharp and the word of the evening was “Zeal” proposed by Dick Hallett who was also the T.
We had the following guests at this meeting: Lebo Matubatuba, Simon Frank, Elliot Mokoena, Mpho Mokhoro, Tiyani Majoko and Joanna Langer.
The following members where present: Des Smith, Di Sharp, Christian Nyakanyanga, Luther Feros, Dick Hallett, Sipho Mda, Khanyiswa Nogomba, Luis de Sousa, Kemsila Naicker, Naseera Ebrahim and Linda Thompson.
We had seven successful prepared speeches:
- CC1 by Lebo Matubatuba Entitled “About Me” evaluated by Luther Feros
- CC1 by Luis De Sousa Entitled Luis Version 3 evaluated by Sipho Mda
- CC1 by Simon Frank Entitled Growing Up evaluated by Christian N
- CC2 by Kemsila Naicker Entitled Motivation – What to Look for evaluated by Des Smith
- CC2 by Linda Thompson entitled “Fed Up” evaluated by Luther Feros
- CC4 by Tiyani Majoko Entitled “You Get What You Pay for” evaluated by Di Sharp
- CC4 By Naseera Ebrahim entitled ” New York New York” evaluated by Des Smith
The Grammarian deemed all the speeches where acceptable due to the toastmaster rules.
The grizzly bear was awarded to Lebo Matubatuba, Simon Frank and Luis de Sousa for presenting excellent first speeches.