This was our second meeting of the 2015/16 Toastmasters year. We were determined to start the year on a high note. From our first meeting that had 20 people in attendance, we switched up to 24 this time. We had 7 prepared speeches, four of which were from the Competent Communicator manual and three were Advanced Communicator Bronze speeches. The word of the day was “cachinnate”, which means to laugh loudly or without restraint. The toast of the day was done by Di Sharp and she gave a toast to the great work done by the rangers at the Kruger National Park, the unsung heroes.
The Toastmaster of the Evening was Des Smith, and we had the following guests at our meeting: Faith Kubayi (KPMG), Njabulo Thela (KPMG), Lizeka Tandwa (Wits Business School), Memme Moerane, Clem Gorajena, Irene Pedley, Nemo Mbatia, Andrew Sibanda, Jan Roberts, and Zoleka Bossman
We had seven successful prepared speeches:
- CC1 by Clem Gorajena titled ” North to South” evaluated by Linda Thompson
- CC1 by Memme Moerane titled “Get to know me” evaluated by Luis de Sousa
- CC4 by Faith Kubayi titled “Put an end to it” evaluated by Des Smith
- CC5 by Thokozani Miya titled “So, I thought I could be an entertainer” evaluated by Di Sharp
- ACB by Sipho Mda titled “A praise to Serena Williams” evaluated by Des Smith •
- ACB Tinahe Ncube titled “Introduction to systems thinking” evaluated by Di Sharp
- ACB Luther Feros titled “Johannesburg Toastmasters” evaluated by Njabulo Thela
We had table topics and the Grizzly bear was awarded to the two guests who put themselves forward to speak on the night and delivered awesome impromptu speeches, Wezo Mda and Jan Roberts.
Our next meeting scheduled for Wednesday 5 August 2015.
The grizzly bear was awarded to the two guests for their great table topics.
Johannesburg Toastmasters – Where leaders are made.