This was another successful meeting by The Johannesburg Toastmasters Club. We were back to our usual venue, it was great to be back. We started the evening with an exco team meeting to discuss our progress on the club goals for this Toastmasters year, we would like to assure you that we are making great progress. It is a great honour to be a part of The Johannesburg Toastmasters right now.
The theme of this evening was “Healthy teams”. True to form, as the club we worked as a healthy team and produced a great meeting, our guests said so themselves. We had 16 members and guests in attendance. The word of the evening was “Persevere”, which means to persist steadfastly in pursuit of an undertaking. The toast of the evening was done by Lebo Matubatuba, and she proposed a toast to spring, as this was our first meeting of this lovely season.
Our Toastmaster was Sipho Mda and we had the following guests: Gugu Mthembu, Mak Madi, Musa Ngema, Elmarie Papagergiou, and Camilla Smolicz.
We had five successful prepared speeches:
- CC1 by Ellen Ratsoeu titled ” Taking the First Step” evaluated by Dick Hallett
- CC1 by Larry Khumalo titled “A Journey To a Purpose”, evaluated by Di Sharp
- CC7 by Thokozani Miya titled “Happily Ever After”, evaluated by Luther Feros
- ACB by Christian Nyakanyanga titled “Persuasive Speaking ”evaluated by Luther Feros
- ACB by Des Smith titled “The Story of the Marimba” evaluated by Dick Hallett
Grizzly bear was awarded to Des Smith, our veteran toastmaster for his absolutely awesome speech. Seeing him on stage for a prepared speech is always a great honour.
The next meeting is scheduled for Wednesday 16 September 2015. On the 9th of September we do however have our annual Humours Speech and Table topics contest. Come and have a great laugh with us.